Bobby Brown "Mentally in a Good Place" in Rehab
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Bobby Brown's prerogative? To get well.
As first reported on Tuesday evening, the 43-year-old R&B singer entered a rehabilitation facility last week.
A new statement from Brown's lawyer and rep to Us Weekly explains that the rehab stay is part of a deal Brown struck following his March 2012 DUI arrest.
"Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously," the statement reads, noting that Brown checked himself in following a honeymoon with new wife Alicia Etheredge and "break" from a reunion tour with his New Edition bandmates.
"Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California," his attorney Christopher Brown said.
Added Etheredge, who wed Brown in June: "Bobby's children and loved ones are very proud of him. We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place."
Brown has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction on and off during his long career; he was thrust back into the headlines in February with the tragic death of his ex-wife Whitney Houston at age 48.
He and the beloved singer shared daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19. Brown and Etheredge have one child together, Cassius, 3, and Brown also is a father to Landon, 23, La'Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19, from previous relationships.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite