Bobby Brown "Mentally in a Good Place" in Rehab
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Dips But Still DominatesMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:46:00 AM
- There's Another Duggar on the WayMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:34:00 AM
- Hollywood's Climate-Themed Movies Getting Own Awards Show (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:10:00 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' Teleca
Bobby Brown's prerogative? To get well.
As first reported on Tuesday evening, the 43-year-old R&B singer entered a rehabilitation facility last week.
A new statement from Brown's lawyer and rep to Us Weekly explains that the rehab stay is part of a deal Brown struck following his March 2012 DUI arrest.
"Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously," the statement reads, noting that Brown checked himself in following a honeymoon with new wife Alicia Etheredge and "break" from a reunion tour with his New Edition bandmates.
"Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California," his attorney Christopher Brown said.
Added Etheredge, who wed Brown in June: "Bobby's children and loved ones are very proud of him. We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place."
Brown has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction on and off during his long career; he was thrust back into the headlines in February with the tragic death of his ex-wife Whitney Houston at age 48.
He and the beloved singer shared daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19. Brown and Etheredge have one child together, Cassius, 3, and Brown also is a father to Landon, 23, La'Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19, from previous relationships.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrettiest Ladies
From Crowd Ignite