Bobby Brown "Mentally in a Good Place" in Rehab
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Bobby Brown's prerogative? To get well.
As first reported on Tuesday evening, the 43-year-old R&B singer entered a rehabilitation facility last week.
A new statement from Brown's lawyer and rep to Us Weekly explains that the rehab stay is part of a deal Brown struck following his March 2012 DUI arrest.
"Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously," the statement reads, noting that Brown checked himself in following a honeymoon with new wife Alicia Etheredge and "break" from a reunion tour with his New Edition bandmates.
"Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California," his attorney Christopher Brown said.
Added Etheredge, who wed Brown in June: "Bobby's children and loved ones are very proud of him. We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place."
Brown has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction on and off during his long career; he was thrust back into the headlines in February with the tragic death of his ex-wife Whitney Houston at age 48.
He and the beloved singer shared daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19. Brown and Etheredge have one child together, Cassius, 3, and Brown also is a father to Landon, 23, La'Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19, from previous relationships.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite