Bobby Brown: My Daughter Is Not Changing Her Name
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 12
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Paul Rudd in Early Talks to Play Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Marvel Movie (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:49:52 PM
- Marcia Cross Joins Nahnatchka Khan, Fox's 'Fatrick'MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:45:31 PM
- Washington Post Hacked Again This Time Servers Were BreachedMSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 4:35:11 PM
- With IMG Deal, WME Surpasses CAA in Size - But at What Cost?MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 3:34:36 PM
- The Black List, Cassian Elwes Pick Their Sundance Companion: Matthew Hickman (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/18/2013 2:57:59 PM
- Paul Rudd in Early Talks to Play Ant-Man in Edgar Wright's Marvel Movie (Exclusive)
Bobby Brown has dismissed rumors that his daughter is planning to adopt the last name of her mother, Whitney Houston, in a bid to distance herself from her father.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, is currently throwing herself into acting and singing to take her mind off the tragic death of her superstar mom earlier this year, and she was rumored to be planning a name change to launch her career in the spotlight.
However, the New Edition star is adamant the teenager will not be ditching her roots.
He tells MTV.com, "She can't change her last name; her name is her name. She'll forever be known as Bobbi Kristina Brown. There's no changing that, there's no taking that back."
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Brown admits his daughter suffered some personal problems over the last few years, but he insists she won't follow in the footsteps of her parents, who both battled drug abuse in the past.
He adds, "Any parent that has a teenager in their life, they go through things. They go through phases that they might not be doing exactly what you want them to do in life, but they grow out of it, and my baby girl has grown out of it. I trust and believe that she's smart enough to not go down the same road that maybe I did in the past or her mother did in the past. She's extremely smart. ... She'll forever be my baby girl. She's doing what she's doing, and I'm extremely proud of her. She's acting and she's working on music and she's doing what she has to do to recover from her loss -- our loss."
Houston drowned in the bathtub at her hotel suite in Los Angeles in February.
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart show off pictures and video of their recent vacation in Rome on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey, Cameron Diaz and more stars romp in the snow on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"Shahs of Sunset" star Reza Farahan talks about his recent outburst on the show, the future with his boyfriend Adam and more!Watch Video »
Fountain of Youth
Usher shows off his impossibly young face and chiseled shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHappy Man
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite