Bobby Brown: My Daughter Is Not Changing Her Name
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 12
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Bobby Brown has dismissed rumors that his daughter is planning to adopt the last name of her mother, Whitney Houston, in a bid to distance herself from her father.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, is currently throwing herself into acting and singing to take her mind off the tragic death of her superstar mom earlier this year, and she was rumored to be planning a name change to launch her career in the spotlight.
However, the New Edition star is adamant the teenager will not be ditching her roots.
He tells MTV.com, "She can't change her last name; her name is her name. She'll forever be known as Bobbi Kristina Brown. There's no changing that, there's no taking that back."
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Brown admits his daughter suffered some personal problems over the last few years, but he insists she won't follow in the footsteps of her parents, who both battled drug abuse in the past.
He adds, "Any parent that has a teenager in their life, they go through things. They go through phases that they might not be doing exactly what you want them to do in life, but they grow out of it, and my baby girl has grown out of it. I trust and believe that she's smart enough to not go down the same road that maybe I did in the past or her mother did in the past. She's extremely smart. ... She'll forever be my baby girl. She's doing what she's doing, and I'm extremely proud of her. She's acting and she's working on music and she's doing what she has to do to recover from her loss -- our loss."
Houston drowned in the bathtub at her hotel suite in Los Angeles in February.
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite