Bobby Brown: My Daughter Is Not Changing Her Name
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 12
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Bobby Brown has dismissed rumors that his daughter is planning to adopt the last name of her mother, Whitney Houston, in a bid to distance herself from her father.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, is currently throwing herself into acting and singing to take her mind off the tragic death of her superstar mom earlier this year, and she was rumored to be planning a name change to launch her career in the spotlight.
However, the New Edition star is adamant the teenager will not be ditching her roots.
He tells MTV.com, "She can't change her last name; her name is her name. She'll forever be known as Bobbi Kristina Brown. There's no changing that, there's no taking that back."
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Brown admits his daughter suffered some personal problems over the last few years, but he insists she won't follow in the footsteps of her parents, who both battled drug abuse in the past.
He adds, "Any parent that has a teenager in their life, they go through things. They go through phases that they might not be doing exactly what you want them to do in life, but they grow out of it, and my baby girl has grown out of it. I trust and believe that she's smart enough to not go down the same road that maybe I did in the past or her mother did in the past. She's extremely smart. ... She'll forever be my baby girl. She's doing what she's doing, and I'm extremely proud of her. She's acting and she's working on music and she's doing what she has to do to recover from her loss -- our loss."
Houston drowned in the bathtub at her hotel suite in Los Angeles in February.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite