Bobby Brown: My Daughter Is Not Changing Her Name
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 12
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: courtesy of Us Magazine/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Bobby Brown has dismissed rumors that his daughter is planning to adopt the last name of her mother, Whitney Houston, in a bid to distance herself from her father.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
Bobbi Kristina Brown, 19, is currently throwing herself into acting and singing to take her mind off the tragic death of her superstar mom earlier this year, and she was rumored to be planning a name change to launch her career in the spotlight.
However, the New Edition star is adamant the teenager will not be ditching her roots.
He tells MTV.com, "She can't change her last name; her name is her name. She'll forever be known as Bobbi Kristina Brown. There's no changing that, there's no taking that back."
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Brown admits his daughter suffered some personal problems over the last few years, but he insists she won't follow in the footsteps of her parents, who both battled drug abuse in the past.
He adds, "Any parent that has a teenager in their life, they go through things. They go through phases that they might not be doing exactly what you want them to do in life, but they grow out of it, and my baby girl has grown out of it. I trust and believe that she's smart enough to not go down the same road that maybe I did in the past or her mother did in the past. She's extremely smart. ... She'll forever be my baby girl. She's doing what she's doing, and I'm extremely proud of her. She's acting and she's working on music and she's doing what she has to do to recover from her loss -- our loss."
Houston drowned in the bathtub at her hotel suite in Los Angeles in February.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite