Bon Jovi's daughter recovering after heroin OD in NY
- Photo: Brian Rasic/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jim Cooper/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: http://www.wenn.com/12 of 17
- Photo: Ross Marino/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Helton/Retna Digital15 of 17
- Photo: Retna Digital16 of 17
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP) -- Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter was hospitalized and facing drug charges Wednesday after overdosing on heroin in a dorm at her college in upstate New York, authorities said.
RELATED: See more celeb mug shots
Stephanie Bongiovi was found unresponsive by an ambulance crew sent to Hamilton College early Wednesday after a report that a female had apparently overdosed in Dunham Hall, the school's largest dorm.
Town of Kirkland police investigator Peter Cania said Bongiovi, of Red Bank, N.J., was recovering at a hospital he declined to name.
Officers sent to the dorm initially found a small amount of heroin and arrested Ian Grant, 21, also of Red Bank and a Hamilton student, according to police reports.
Investigators got a search warrant for the dorm and found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia, leading to Bongiovi's arrest. Cania would not say whether the search involved her room.
Police didn't know whether Bongiovi or Grant have lawyers. Jon Bon Jovi's representative wasn't commenting Wednesday.
Bongiovi and Grant were each charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. Bongiovi was also charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
Both were issued tickets and ordered to appear in court at a later date.
Bon Jovi, 50, is scheduled to perform at a concert to benefit Hamilton's scholarships and arts programs in Times Square on Dec. 5.
He has four children, Stephanie and three sons.
RELATED: Are these aging rockers hot or not?
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite