Brad Paisley endows scholarship at Belmont Univ.
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Charlie Neibergall/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Brad Paisley's country music career started in earnest at Belmont University. He's taking steps to make sure someone else gets the same chance.
RELATED: Who sings these country tunes?
Paisley has endowed a scholarship at the Nashville, Tenn., school's Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business, where he graduated in 1995 with a bachelor's degree in business administration after majoring in music business.
The West Virginia native got his first taste of Nashville at Belmont and met many of the friends who would become collaborators over the course of his career. He's gone on to win Grammy Awards and Country Music Association entertainer of the year in a hit-filled career that's taken him to the pinnacle of country music.
Paisley says in a Wednesday news release that "this is the least I can do in appreciation."
The scholarship will go to a deserving student with a demonstrated need.
RELATED: Celebs who move into country music
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite