Brandy is engaged to music executive Ryan Press, insider says
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 10
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com3 of 10
- Photo: BSPSyndication/NPG4 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Brandy will ring in the new year with a ring on her finger!
The "Put It Down" singer, 33, is engaged to Ryan Press, Us Weekly has learned. According to an insider, "They are thrilled and happy and Brandy feels this is so right." Prior to accepting Press' proposal, Brandy had openly expressed her desire to marry the music executive.
"I keep hearing about a ring. People keep calling me, hinting to me about it, but I don't know," she told Sister2Sister magazine in August. "I'm going to be patient and let it happen and just let it be. ... I guess it will happen when it's the right time."
That same month, the singer spoke to Us about how Press had restored her faith in men. "I had given up on love a long time ago. It just didn't seem to work for me, so I was single for a very long time," the "Moesha" star said. "I stopped looking for love and then I ran into my boyfriend."
She continued, "He just loves me for who I am. I don't have to camouflage anything for him or put on a mask. I can completely be myself and he loves me so much and I love him just the way he is, too."
This will be the first marriage for the singer, who has a 10-year-old daughter, Sy'rai, with ex-boyfriend Robert Smith.
(In 2008, Brandy admitted that she and Smith, a music producer, weren't married and had for two years pretended to be betrothed after the singer learned she was pregnant. "I lied because of the fear of what people would think and the pressure to be a good role model," she told Us. "Our relationship was very real -- we just weren't legally married.")
Brandy released her sixth studio album, "Two Eleven," in October, and she currently stars in BET's hit comedy "The Game." She next appears in Tyler Perry's "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor." The drama, arriving in theaters March 29, 2013, also stars Jurnee Smollett, Robbie Jones, Kim Kardashian, Jerry Stiller and Vanessa Williams.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite