Brandy is engaged to music executive Ryan Press, insider says
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 10
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com3 of 10
- Photo: BSPSyndication/NPG4 of 10
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'The Chair' Producer Zachary Quinto Talks 'Skepticism' About UnsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:19:00 PM
- LeBron James' Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's 'Survivor&apMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Megan Ellison Nearing Deal to Co-Finance Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller 'The Revenant'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Yahoo Acquires Mobile Streaming Start-up RayVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:48:00 PM
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to Series
Brandy will ring in the new year with a ring on her finger!
The "Put It Down" singer, 33, is engaged to Ryan Press, Us Weekly has learned. According to an insider, "They are thrilled and happy and Brandy feels this is so right." Prior to accepting Press' proposal, Brandy had openly expressed her desire to marry the music executive.
"I keep hearing about a ring. People keep calling me, hinting to me about it, but I don't know," she told Sister2Sister magazine in August. "I'm going to be patient and let it happen and just let it be. ... I guess it will happen when it's the right time."
That same month, the singer spoke to Us about how Press had restored her faith in men. "I had given up on love a long time ago. It just didn't seem to work for me, so I was single for a very long time," the "Moesha" star said. "I stopped looking for love and then I ran into my boyfriend."
She continued, "He just loves me for who I am. I don't have to camouflage anything for him or put on a mask. I can completely be myself and he loves me so much and I love him just the way he is, too."
This will be the first marriage for the singer, who has a 10-year-old daughter, Sy'rai, with ex-boyfriend Robert Smith.
(In 2008, Brandy admitted that she and Smith, a music producer, weren't married and had for two years pretended to be betrothed after the singer learned she was pregnant. "I lied because of the fear of what people would think and the pressure to be a good role model," she told Us. "Our relationship was very real -- we just weren't legally married.")
Brandy released her sixth studio album, "Two Eleven," in October, and she currently stars in BET's hit comedy "The Game." She next appears in Tyler Perry's "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor." The drama, arriving in theaters March 29, 2013, also stars Jurnee Smollett, Robbie Jones, Kim Kardashian, Jerry Stiller and Vanessa Williams.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite