Bret Michaels, Kristi Gibson Call Off Engagement
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: © Gene Ambo/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: KELLY JORDAN/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Jodi Summers / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Us Weekly -- After nearly 18 on-and-off years together, Bret Michaels and Kristi Gibson are "off" for good.
The pair "have called off their engagement at this time," a rep for the rocker, 49, tells Us Weekly in a statement. "Although the couple have separated they remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising their two daughters, Raine Elizabeth and Jorja Bleu."
Michaels proposed to Gibson, the mother of his children, in 2010, during the finale of his VH1 reality show "Bret Michaels: Life as I Know It."
The Poison frontman got down on one knee, begging Gibson to agree to make their commitment to each other official. "Please say yes, or the rejection will kill me right now," he told her.
Gibson stayed by Michaels' side as he recovered from his terrifying brain hemorrhage and stroke earlier that year.
"She's the one who put up with me all these years," the singer told Us at the time of his then-bride-to-be, adding that, after Gibson accepted his proposal, they ran to share their happy news with their daughters. "[I told them] 'I did it! We'll all be together forever! Family hug!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite