Bret Michaels, Kristi Gibson Call Off Engagement
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: © Gene Ambo/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: KELLY JORDAN/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Jodi Summers / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:40:00 PM
- Gary Oldman in Talks to Join Kevin Costner in Ariel Vroman's 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'Getting On' Creators Credit HBO Go for Staying on the AirMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Jon Daly Joins Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig in Armored Car Heist ComedyMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Fox Announces Premiere Dates for Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and MoreMSNEntertainment 7/10/2014 3:59:00 PM
- Warner Bros. Eyes Ryan Gosling, Russell Crowe Noir Movie 'The Nice Guys'
Us Weekly -- After nearly 18 on-and-off years together, Bret Michaels and Kristi Gibson are "off" for good.
The pair "have called off their engagement at this time," a rep for the rocker, 49, tells Us Weekly in a statement. "Although the couple have separated they remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising their two daughters, Raine Elizabeth and Jorja Bleu."
Michaels proposed to Gibson, the mother of his children, in 2010, during the finale of his VH1 reality show "Bret Michaels: Life as I Know It."
The Poison frontman got down on one knee, begging Gibson to agree to make their commitment to each other official. "Please say yes, or the rejection will kill me right now," he told her.
Gibson stayed by Michaels' side as he recovered from his terrifying brain hemorrhage and stroke earlier that year.
"She's the one who put up with me all these years," the singer told Us at the time of his then-bride-to-be, adding that, after Gibson accepted his proposal, they ran to share their happy news with their daughters. "[I told them] 'I did it! We'll all be together forever! Family hug!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Reese Witherspoon shares photos of her burgeoning friendship with Sofia Vergara on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite