Bret Michaels, Kristi Gibson Call Off Engagement
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: © Gene Ambo/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: KELLY JORDAN/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Jodi Summers / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Jill Soloway's 'Transparent' Premiering Next Month on AmazonMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 6:04:00 AM
- YouTube Stars Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart to Host 4th Annual Streamy AwardsMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 6:00:00 AM
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader IssuesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:34:00 AM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Death: Say Goodbye toMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM
- Black TV Producer Wrongly Detained in Beverly Hills Says 'Ferguson Resonated In My Mind&MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 11:09:00 PM
- Jill Soloway's 'Transparent' Premiering Next Month on Amazon
Us Weekly -- After nearly 18 on-and-off years together, Bret Michaels and Kristi Gibson are "off" for good.
The pair "have called off their engagement at this time," a rep for the rocker, 49, tells Us Weekly in a statement. "Although the couple have separated they remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising their two daughters, Raine Elizabeth and Jorja Bleu."
Michaels proposed to Gibson, the mother of his children, in 2010, during the finale of his VH1 reality show "Bret Michaels: Life as I Know It."
The Poison frontman got down on one knee, begging Gibson to agree to make their commitment to each other official. "Please say yes, or the rejection will kill me right now," he told her.
Gibson stayed by Michaels' side as he recovered from his terrifying brain hemorrhage and stroke earlier that year.
"She's the one who put up with me all these years," the singer told Us at the time of his then-bride-to-be, adding that, after Gibson accepted his proposal, they ran to share their happy news with their daughters. "[I told them] 'I did it! We'll all be together forever! Family hug!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Emmys Couples
From Crowd Ignite