Bret Michaels, Kristi Gibson Call Off Engagement
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: © Gene Ambo/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: KELLY JORDAN/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Jodi Summers / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: NC1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Us Weekly -- After nearly 18 on-and-off years together, Bret Michaels and Kristi Gibson are "off" for good.
The pair "have called off their engagement at this time," a rep for the rocker, 49, tells Us Weekly in a statement. "Although the couple have separated they remain great friends and are committed to jointly raising their two daughters, Raine Elizabeth and Jorja Bleu."
Michaels proposed to Gibson, the mother of his children, in 2010, during the finale of his VH1 reality show "Bret Michaels: Life as I Know It."
The Poison frontman got down on one knee, begging Gibson to agree to make their commitment to each other official. "Please say yes, or the rejection will kill me right now," he told her.
Gibson stayed by Michaels' side as he recovered from his terrifying brain hemorrhage and stroke earlier that year.
"She's the one who put up with me all these years," the singer told Us at the time of his then-bride-to-be, adding that, after Gibson accepted his proposal, they ran to share their happy news with their daughters. "[I told them] 'I did it! We'll all be together forever! Family hug!'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite