Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage, Is Rushed to ICU
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: George Napolitano/GettyImages.com2 of 6
- Photo: RD / Smith/Retna Digital3 of 6
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
By Dana Flax
Some scary news for Bret Michaels fans.
After suffering an excruciating headache late Thursday night, Michaels, 47, was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where doctors discovered he had a massive brain hemorrhage, reports People.com.
Michaels is currently in critical condition.
"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," a source close to the situation told People.
This hospital visit follows an April 12 emergency appendectomy at a hospital in San Antonio, Texas. Michaels remained in the hospital under his doctor's care following the procedure, then transferred to a rehab facility specializing in diabetic patients.
No word on whether this new development is related to Michaels' appendectomy or his diabetes.
"They told me that if I had gone on stage like I wanted to, [my appendix] likely would have ruptured and I could have died," he wrote in a note to his fans. "There is just no way around the fact that getting your appendix out HURTS. I have a pretty good threshold for pain, but this one hurts."
Wonderwall will keep you updated as this story develops
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite