Britney, Miley Use Twitter to Support Gay Marriage
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital3 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Amy Sancetta/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
In light of Miss California slamming gay marriage, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus have stepped forth to declare that they support gay rights.
"Love is love!" Spears, 27, said on her Twitter page Tuesday. "People should be able to do whatever makes them happy!"
Cyrus, 16, also Twittered to blogger Perez Hilton (who famously asked Miss California Carrie Prejean the controversial question during Sunday's Miss USA competition) after he informed the teen queen of the high suicide rates among gay and lesbian youth.
"Jesus loves you AND your partner and wants you to know how much He cares!" Cyrus said. "Like I said, everyone deserves to be happy."
Later, she added, "I am a Christian and I love you - gay or not - BECAUSE you are no different than anyone else! We are all God's children."
Heidi Montag of "The Hills," who is marrying Spencer Pratt this weekend, even weighed in.
"God says in the Bible that we should love our neighbor and He created us all as equals," she said on Twitter. "I know in my heart that gays and lesbians should have the same government rights that Spencer and I will when we get married. So, yes, this blonde Christian believes in gay marriage."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite