Britney Spears: If I Weren't Famous, I'd Be a Teacher
- Photo: © RD/ Jay Valena/ Retna Digital/Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: CHRIS GARDNER/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Yes ma'am, Mrs. Spears.
What would Britney Spears be doing today if she weren't a pop star? Teaching! In an interview with PopJustice.com, the 29-year-old mother of two opens up about the career choices she might have made if she hadn't reached international stardom at a young age.
"I'd probably be a teacher," she tells the site. "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute."
"I'd specialize in reading and history," she says, adding that her favorite historical period is the 1920s.
So even if "Baby One More Time" had just been a one-hit-wonder back in 1998, Spears says she'd still be "raising my family [and] being a mom" today.
Her sons, Sean Preston, 5, and Jayden, 4, are her top priority. "I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff," she says. "So [even if I weren't famous] it would probably be pretty much the same."
If either of her sons ever wants to pursue a career in the industry, she'll let them follow in her footsteps. "I'd definitely keep an eye on them, but if that's what they wanted to do then I'd let them go after it," she says. "I'd just be very protective."
"I wouldn't want them to go into it feeling fearful, and also nobody can really prepare you for this industry and what you experience," she says. "So I'd just have to trust that they have the instincts to know what's right and wrong and help guide them along the way. I think I have the experience."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite