Britney Spears: If I Weren't Famous, I'd Be a Teacher
- Photo: © RD/ Jay Valena/ Retna Digital/Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: CHRIS GARDNER/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: B.D. Wong Will Return to Law & Order: SVUMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Takes His Stephen Colbert Bashing to 'The View'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:35:00 PM
- Nick Frost on Dancing, Tearing His Neck While Carrying Chris O'Dowd, and His 'No JMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:21:00 PM
- Fox News Launching Noon Panel Show 'Outnumbered'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:50:00 PM
- Ratings: Fargo Gets Off to OK Start; S.H.I.E.L.D. UpMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:44:00 PM
- Exclusive: B.D. Wong Will Return to Law & Order: SVU
Yes ma'am, Mrs. Spears.
What would Britney Spears be doing today if she weren't a pop star? Teaching! In an interview with PopJustice.com, the 29-year-old mother of two opens up about the career choices she might have made if she hadn't reached international stardom at a young age.
"I'd probably be a teacher," she tells the site. "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute."
"I'd specialize in reading and history," she says, adding that her favorite historical period is the 1920s.
So even if "Baby One More Time" had just been a one-hit-wonder back in 1998, Spears says she'd still be "raising my family [and] being a mom" today.
Her sons, Sean Preston, 5, and Jayden, 4, are her top priority. "I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff," she says. "So [even if I weren't famous] it would probably be pretty much the same."
If either of her sons ever wants to pursue a career in the industry, she'll let them follow in her footsteps. "I'd definitely keep an eye on them, but if that's what they wanted to do then I'd let them go after it," she says. "I'd just be very protective."
"I wouldn't want them to go into it feeling fearful, and also nobody can really prepare you for this industry and what you experience," she says. "So I'd just have to trust that they have the instincts to know what's right and wrong and help guide them along the way. I think I have the experience."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite