Britney Spears: If I Weren't Famous, I'd Be a Teacher
- Photo: © RD/ Jay Valena/ Retna Digital/Wonderwall1 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Tony Avelar/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: CHRIS GARDNER/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Yes ma'am, Mrs. Spears.
What would Britney Spears be doing today if she weren't a pop star? Teaching! In an interview with PopJustice.com, the 29-year-old mother of two opens up about the career choices she might have made if she hadn't reached international stardom at a young age.
"I'd probably be a teacher," she tells the site. "I love kids, and even in what I do now one of my favorite parts of my day is getting to meet my fans before the show. Especially the little ones. They are always so cute."
"I'd specialize in reading and history," she says, adding that her favorite historical period is the 1920s.
So even if "Baby One More Time" had just been a one-hit-wonder back in 1998, Spears says she'd still be "raising my family [and] being a mom" today.
Her sons, Sean Preston, 5, and Jayden, 4, are her top priority. "I'm very strong in the way I raise my kids and stuff," she says. "So [even if I weren't famous] it would probably be pretty much the same."
If either of her sons ever wants to pursue a career in the industry, she'll let them follow in her footsteps. "I'd definitely keep an eye on them, but if that's what they wanted to do then I'd let them go after it," she says. "I'd just be very protective."
"I wouldn't want them to go into it feeling fearful, and also nobody can really prepare you for this industry and what you experience," she says. "So I'd just have to trust that they have the instincts to know what's right and wrong and help guide them along the way. I think I have the experience."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite