Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: JTBD/GSI9 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter10 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/HiFly/Fame Flynet14 of 17
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
Britney Spears is making sure she ties up all loose ends in her split from fiance Jason Trawick -- including her $90,000 engagement ring.
Sources close to the pop songstress tell Us Weekly that Spears returned the 3-carat diamond ring back to Trawick, 41, shortly after announcing that she and her former husband-to-be are no longer an item.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," the 31-year-old singer told Us in a statement. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
Trawick, who also formerly managed Spears' career, popped the question back in December 2011 after the pair began dating in 2009.
Rumors that the relationship had gone sour have been swirling for months.
"The romance is gone," one insider told Us, adding that Trawick "puts her on speakerphone so friends can hear her nagging."
An insider at the time insisted, "That's not Jason's style. They're happy."
Trawick, for his part, tells Us in a statement that he wishes Spears nothing but the best.
"As this chapter ends for us a new one begins," he said. "I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
The pair's relationship reportedly hit the rocks over the issue of children. While Spears reportedly wanted to expand their family, Trawick is "in another place" and didn't agree, TMZ reports.
Spears is currently dealing with another breakup as well. The former "X Factor" judge announced her resignation Friday, calling the decision "very difficult."
"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens, but it's time for me to get back in the studio," she said in a statement. "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!"
"I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most," she added.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The biggest hookups and breakups of 2012
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite