Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: JTBD/GSI9 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter10 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/HiFly/Fame Flynet14 of 17
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last YearMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Martin O'Donnell, 'Halo' Composer, Fired by Bungie 'Without CausMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Reviews: Is the Johnny Depp Thriller Trippy or Tedious?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:17:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last Year
Britney Spears is making sure she ties up all loose ends in her split from fiance Jason Trawick -- including her $90,000 engagement ring.
Sources close to the pop songstress tell Us Weekly that Spears returned the 3-carat diamond ring back to Trawick, 41, shortly after announcing that she and her former husband-to-be are no longer an item.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," the 31-year-old singer told Us in a statement. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
Trawick, who also formerly managed Spears' career, popped the question back in December 2011 after the pair began dating in 2009.
Rumors that the relationship had gone sour have been swirling for months.
"The romance is gone," one insider told Us, adding that Trawick "puts her on speakerphone so friends can hear her nagging."
An insider at the time insisted, "That's not Jason's style. They're happy."
Trawick, for his part, tells Us in a statement that he wishes Spears nothing but the best.
"As this chapter ends for us a new one begins," he said. "I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
The pair's relationship reportedly hit the rocks over the issue of children. While Spears reportedly wanted to expand their family, Trawick is "in another place" and didn't agree, TMZ reports.
Spears is currently dealing with another breakup as well. The former "X Factor" judge announced her resignation Friday, calling the decision "very difficult."
"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens, but it's time for me to get back in the studio," she said in a statement. "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!"
"I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most," she added.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The biggest hookups and breakups of 2012
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite