Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters7 of 17
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America8 of 17
- Photo: JTBD/GSI9 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter10 of 17
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter12 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/HiFly/Fame Flynet14 of 17
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- 'If I Stay' Feels Like 'Fault in Our Stars' Lite and Should WinMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Britney Spears is making sure she ties up all loose ends in her split from fiance Jason Trawick -- including her $90,000 engagement ring.
Sources close to the pop songstress tell Us Weekly that Spears returned the 3-carat diamond ring back to Trawick, 41, shortly after announcing that she and her former husband-to-be are no longer an item.
"Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement," the 31-year-old singer told Us in a statement. "I'll always adore him and we will remain great friends."
Trawick, who also formerly managed Spears' career, popped the question back in December 2011 after the pair began dating in 2009.
Rumors that the relationship had gone sour have been swirling for months.
"The romance is gone," one insider told Us, adding that Trawick "puts her on speakerphone so friends can hear her nagging."
An insider at the time insisted, "That's not Jason's style. They're happy."
Trawick, for his part, tells Us in a statement that he wishes Spears nothing but the best.
"As this chapter ends for us a new one begins," he said. "I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever."
The pair's relationship reportedly hit the rocks over the issue of children. While Spears reportedly wanted to expand their family, Trawick is "in another place" and didn't agree, TMZ reports.
Spears is currently dealing with another breakup as well. The former "X Factor" judge announced her resignation Friday, calling the decision "very difficult."
"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens, but it's time for me to get back in the studio," she said in a statement. "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!"
"I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most," she added.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Britney Spears Returns $90,000 Engagement Ring to Jason Trawick After Couple Splits
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The biggest hookups and breakups of 2012
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrettiest Ladies
From Crowd Ignite