Garth Brooks looks to get money back from Okla. hospital
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Beth Gwinn/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Capitol Records/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) -- Country music star Garth Brooks is suing an Oklahoma hospital, saying it reneged on a promise to name a building after his late mother in exchange for a $500,000 donation.
RELATED: Craziest Celeb Lawsuits
Brooks' lawsuit against Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital in Yukon seeks the return of the December 2005 donation. The trial began on Tuesday.
Brooks says hospital officials showed him mock-ups of buildings bearing Colleen Brooks' name and told him his donation was earmarked for such a project.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The hospital denies any wrongdoing and in court filings says Brooks' donation was "anonymous and unconditional."
Dressed in jeans and a black cowboy hat, Brooks shook hands with lawyers and made small talk before proceedings began on Tuesday. He was accompanied by his wife, country singer Trisha Yearwood.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Country
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite