Garth Brooks looks to get money back from Okla. hospital
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Beth Gwinn/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Capitol Records/Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) -- Country music star Garth Brooks is suing an Oklahoma hospital, saying it reneged on a promise to name a building after his late mother in exchange for a $500,000 donation.
RELATED: Craziest Celeb Lawsuits
Brooks' lawsuit against Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital in Yukon seeks the return of the December 2005 donation. The trial began on Tuesday.
Brooks says hospital officials showed him mock-ups of buildings bearing Colleen Brooks' name and told him his donation was earmarked for such a project.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
The hospital denies any wrongdoing and in court filings says Brooks' donation was "anonymous and unconditional."
Dressed in jeans and a black cowboy hat, Brooks shook hands with lawyers and made small talk before proceedings began on Tuesday. He was accompanied by his wife, country singer Trisha Yearwood.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Country
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite