Brown: I'm 'Eternally Grateful' to Rihanna
- Photo: WireImage1 of 31
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet2 of 31
- Photo: wsb/Splash News3 of 31
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet4 of 31
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 31
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 31
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet13 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 31
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage15 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 31
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet17 of 31
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 31
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN19 of 31
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet20 of 31
- Photo: Instagram21 of 31
- Photo: Instagram22 of 31
- Photo: Instagram23 of 31
- Photo: Twitter24 of 31
- Photo: WENN25 of 31
- Photo: TRGT/GSI26 of 31
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN27 of 31
- Photo: @badgirlriri/Wonderwall28 of 31
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks29 of 31
- Photo: Elle30 of 31
More Celeb News
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Arianna Huffington on HuffPost's Upcoming Middle East Edition, Doc Ambitions and 115 MillioMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Braves Blizzards in Latest 'Interstellar' Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:27:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Couple, Sleepy Hollow's New Threat, and an SVU RomanceMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:16:00 PM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire's' Mackenzie Davis to Join Matt Damon in Ridley ScotMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere Ratings
By Entertainment Tonight
Chris Brown is attempting to own up to his mistakes made in 2009 when he was involved in a brutal domestic dispute with his on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna. Briefly opening up to Ryan Seacrest on his Tuesday morning KIIS FM radio show, he told the host that he was "eternally grateful" to the pop star for the forgiveness she's shown him.
The R&B singer admitted that he wasn't sure if she'd ever forgive him after what occurred, but that he now sees the incident as a "learning step." He told Seacrest, "I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she's a wonderful person I'm eternally grateful and thankful."
So, are the two together now? "It's still like we're kids. I try not to be too grown and be like, 'Let's have candlelight dinner every night.' I try to make sure everything is fun. It has to be fun and it has to be genuine."
Adding of his bad choices in the past, "I could put that on my age but that would just be making an excuse. I think for me that at age 18, 19 I was capable of writing and producing songs, so I'm also capable of making the right choices. So I think it's about a learning process now. Being at that young age I can tell you I was arrogant and definitely hotheaded. Everybody has a temper, but for me it was not knowing how to control it when I thought I had the world in my hands."
But how does this explain the 23-year-old singer's recent Twitter wars? Admitting that it's a problem, Brown confessed to Seacrest that he had to completely delete his Instagram account and he's "not as hands on" with his Twitter any longer. "But sometimes when you're a young kid and you have impulsive techniques you kind of get like, 'Arghhh! I can't stand you,'" Brown attempts to explain his social networking blow-ups. "People love [Twitter wars], they eat it up, so I'd rather not feed them that."
Brown says of winning back his former fans, "People are entitled to their opinions. I can't go around blaming. It's all about my responsibility and me growing up as a man. So I think now that I'm becoming older, and trying to mature in this life under the public eye at all times, I have to focus on doing the right thing and being more of a humble individual."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite