Brown: I'm 'Eternally Grateful' to Rihanna
- Photo: WireImage1 of 31
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet2 of 31
- Photo: wsb/Splash News3 of 31
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet4 of 31
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 31
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 31
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 31
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet13 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 31
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage15 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 31
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet17 of 31
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 31
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN19 of 31
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet20 of 31
- Photo: Instagram21 of 31
- Photo: Instagram22 of 31
- Photo: Instagram23 of 31
- Photo: Twitter24 of 31
- Photo: WENN25 of 31
- Photo: TRGT/GSI26 of 31
- Photo: ZCVA/WENN27 of 31
- Photo: @badgirlriri/Wonderwall28 of 31
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks29 of 31
- Photo: Elle30 of 31
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
By Entertainment Tonight
Chris Brown is attempting to own up to his mistakes made in 2009 when he was involved in a brutal domestic dispute with his on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna. Briefly opening up to Ryan Seacrest on his Tuesday morning KIIS FM radio show, he told the host that he was "eternally grateful" to the pop star for the forgiveness she's shown him.
The R&B singer admitted that he wasn't sure if she'd ever forgive him after what occurred, but that he now sees the incident as a "learning step." He told Seacrest, "I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she's a wonderful person I'm eternally grateful and thankful."
So, are the two together now? "It's still like we're kids. I try not to be too grown and be like, 'Let's have candlelight dinner every night.' I try to make sure everything is fun. It has to be fun and it has to be genuine."
Adding of his bad choices in the past, "I could put that on my age but that would just be making an excuse. I think for me that at age 18, 19 I was capable of writing and producing songs, so I'm also capable of making the right choices. So I think it's about a learning process now. Being at that young age I can tell you I was arrogant and definitely hotheaded. Everybody has a temper, but for me it was not knowing how to control it when I thought I had the world in my hands."
But how does this explain the 23-year-old singer's recent Twitter wars? Admitting that it's a problem, Brown confessed to Seacrest that he had to completely delete his Instagram account and he's "not as hands on" with his Twitter any longer. "But sometimes when you're a young kid and you have impulsive techniques you kind of get like, 'Arghhh! I can't stand you,'" Brown attempts to explain his social networking blow-ups. "People love [Twitter wars], they eat it up, so I'd rather not feed them that."
Brown says of winning back his former fans, "People are entitled to their opinions. I can't go around blaming. It's all about my responsibility and me growing up as a man. So I think now that I'm becoming older, and trying to mature in this life under the public eye at all times, I have to focus on doing the right thing and being more of a humble individual."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite