Bruno Mars cleared in Las Vegas cocaine possession case
- Photo: Angela Weiss/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News/Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com5 of 18
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com6 of 18
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 18
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com9 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin11 of 18
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 18
- Photo: Dave/Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: LVMPD/Invision/AP14 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP15 of 18
- Photo: Kristen Noseda/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Pop star Bruno Mars was cleared of a felony cocaine possession case in Nevada on Wednesday, after his attorneys told a state court judge the Grammy-winning pop star stayed out of trouble and met other conditions of a plea deal reached almost a year ago.
Clark County District Court Judge Jessie Walsh dismissed the case against the 26-year-old singer-songwriter of hits including "Just the Way You Are" and "It Will Rain."
Mars, whose real name is Peter Gene Hernandez, didn't appear in person for the brief hearing in Las Vegas.
He pleaded guilty last Feb. 16 to cocaine possession, but the judge postponed accepting the plea. She gave Mars probation, fined him $2,000 and ordered him to perform 200 hours of community service and eight hours of drug counseling.
RELATED: 2012 People's Choice Awards Winners
Mars acknowledged having 2.6 grams of cocaine when he was arrested in a bathroom in September 2010 after a nightclub performance at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
His attorneys, Blair Berk and David Chesnoff, said Mars has abided by the requirements. He could have faced up to four years in state prison.
Mars worked with unspecified children's charities and health-related organizations to complete his community service, Berk said Tuesday. She has said the singer appreciated the chance he got as a first-time offender to have the felony charge dismissed.
The former child entertainer from Hawaii began his career at age 4 as an Elvis impersonator. He moved to Los Angeles in 2002.
RELATED: Fantasy Casting: 'West Side Story'
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite