Bruno Mars: Why I Lied to Police After My Cocaine Arrest
- Photo: Angela Weiss/WireImage1 of 23
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP2 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 23
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 23
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News/Splash News6 of 23
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com7 of 23
- Photo: @BrunoMars/Twitter8 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.10 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 23
- Photo: © MJT / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.12 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com13 of 23
- Photo: Dave/Splash News14 of 23
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin15 of 23
- Photo: Greg Tidwell/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 23
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com17 of 23
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com18 of 23
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com19 of 23
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP20 of 23
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN21 of 23
- Photo: Kristen Noseda/WENN22 of 23
More Celeb News
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)
When Mars was arrested in Las Vegas for possession of 2.6 grams of cocaine in September 2010, the "Grenade" singer told police it was his first time using drugs -- but as it turns out, that was a lie.
"I don't know where that came from. I was really intoxicated. I was really drunk," he admits to GQ. "So a lot of that is a big blur, and I try every day to forget and keep pushing."
But when asked why he had a huge smile on his face in his mugshot, Mars gave a very honest response. "I have no idea ... It was a picture," the artist explains.
The Grammy-winning singer also confesses to the magazine that songwriting is not easy. "You know how hard it is to write a big song? That s--- is hard, man," he says. "It's so hard to do. Might be one of the hardest things to ever do."
And he was surprised by the success of one of his latest singles, "Locked Out of Heaven." "That one shocked me. That it turned out the way it did," he admits of the No. 1 hit. "I haven't done a song like that. And hopefully every album, I'll get that feeling. And shock the world! Shock the world!"
Mars also notes that the song, like many on his new album, "Unorthodox Jukebox," is about sex. "It feels good to sing about," he says. "It feels ... sexy. It puts you in a sexy frame of mind. It feels good to project. Sex is a great party starter."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite