Carey to fight vet's 'crass' lawsuit
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 7
- Photo: Daily Mail/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: KRAPE / Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Nymphomaniac': 5 WTF Moments, From Penis Montages to Christian Slater Bathroom AcMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 8:50:00 AM
- 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Girl, Pisses Off Internet and Officially Becomes MMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 8:21:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac': 5 WTF Moments, From Penis Montages to Christian Slater Bathroom Ac
Mariah Carey's lawyer has dismissed allegations the superstar owes almost $30,000 in medical fees to a veterinarian who treated her dogs, branding the doctor's lawsuit "a crass publicity stunt."
Veterinarian Cindy Bressler filed a lawsuit in a New York court on Wednesday accusing Carey of paying just $8,231 of a $37,790 bill for providing "extraordinary services" to her pet pooches.
RELATED: Mariah sued by vet & more celeb news
According to court filings obtained by New York Post, Carey's Jack Russell puppy, Dolomite, needed intensive care after being born to another one of the singer's dogs, Cha-Cha, who was only six months old when she gave birth.
Bressler's attorney Michael Posner, said she "provided lifesaving, round-the-clock medical care to Mariah Carey's puppy," adding, "This was a serious medical matter that required professional care by a veterinarian and veterinary nurses."
RELATED: See more Mariah pics
However, Carey's attorney, Orin Snyder, insists the singer will fight the lawsuit.
He says, "This abusive lawsuit appears to be a crass publicity stunt. As a matter of principle, Mariah intends to fight this baseless case and is confident that it will be dismissed."
RELATED: Star dog-walkers
Bressler is seeking the alleged bill balance of $29,559 plus legal fees.
From Crowd Ignite