Carey to fight vet's 'crass' lawsuit
- Photo: Twitter/.1 of 7
- Photo: Daily Mail/Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: KRAPE / Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 7
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Arianna Huffington on HuffPost's Upcoming Middle East Edition, Doc Ambitions and 115 MillioMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Braves Blizzards in Latest 'Interstellar' Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:27:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Couple, Sleepy Hollow's New Threat, and an SVU RomanceMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:16:00 PM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire's' Mackenzie Davis to Join Matt Damon in Ridley ScotMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere Ratings
Mariah Carey's lawyer has dismissed allegations the superstar owes almost $30,000 in medical fees to a veterinarian who treated her dogs, branding the doctor's lawsuit "a crass publicity stunt."
Veterinarian Cindy Bressler filed a lawsuit in a New York court on Wednesday accusing Carey of paying just $8,231 of a $37,790 bill for providing "extraordinary services" to her pet pooches.
RELATED: Mariah sued by vet & more celeb news
According to court filings obtained by New York Post, Carey's Jack Russell puppy, Dolomite, needed intensive care after being born to another one of the singer's dogs, Cha-Cha, who was only six months old when she gave birth.
Bressler's attorney Michael Posner, said she "provided lifesaving, round-the-clock medical care to Mariah Carey's puppy," adding, "This was a serious medical matter that required professional care by a veterinarian and veterinary nurses."
RELATED: See more Mariah pics
However, Carey's attorney, Orin Snyder, insists the singer will fight the lawsuit.
He says, "This abusive lawsuit appears to be a crass publicity stunt. As a matter of principle, Mariah intends to fight this baseless case and is confident that it will be dismissed."
RELATED: Star dog-walkers
Bressler is seeking the alleged bill balance of $29,559 plus legal fees.
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite