Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Mock Taylor Swift's Breakup With Conor Kennedy at CMAs
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Ed Rode/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Reuters5 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Ken McKay/Thames/Rex USA10 of 15
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin11 of 15
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
No one -- not even Taylor Swift -- was off-limits at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, Tenn., on Nov. 1.
"Brad and I were backstage talking about what a strange year this has been," Underwood, 29, said during the opening monologue.
"Just look at sports," Paisley, 40, interjected. "I can't keep track of all these trades." After Underwood pointed out that quarterback Tim Tebow now plays for the New York Jets, the conversation shifted to Swift's love life.
"The greatest trade of the year had to be the Kennedy family. They somehow traded Arnold Schwarzenegger for Taylor Swift," Paisley deadpanned. "I mean, what they got for that ..." (Conor, 18, is the 65-year-old bodybuilder's nephew through marriage.)
Intentional or no, the cameras did not capture Swift's reaction. Instead, Underwood stopped Paisley mid-sentence and pretended to whisper new information about the 22-year-old's breakup in his ear. "What? Why don't I ever hear about these things?" Paisley asked. "I'm the last one to know."
Paisley continued to tease Swift by spoofing her No. 1 hit single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
"Are they ever gonna get back together?" the host teased.
"Never, never, never," Underwood replied. "Never ever."
Later that evening, Swift received a standing ovation after performing "Begin Again," her latest single off her fourth album, "Red."
This isn't the first time Underwood and Paisley have mocked the young country star. During their opening monologue with Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet at the CMA Awards in 2011, the co-hosts poked fun at Kim Kardashian's ill-fated marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries -- and threw Swift's name in for good measure.
"I'm going to love you forever, or 72 days Amen, as long as Justin Bieber is not a conceiver, as long as Taylor Swift is with her current boyfriend," the trio sang. "I'm going to love you for 20 million dollars, for a hit TV series or pics in Us Weekly, for 72 Days, Amen."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Mock Taylor Swift's Breakup With Conor Kennedy at Country Music Association Awards
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite