Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Mock Taylor Swift's Breakup With Conor Kennedy at CMAs
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP3 of 15
- Photo: Ed Rode/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Reuters5 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 15
- Photo: Ken McKay/Thames/Rex USA10 of 15
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin11 of 15
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup EngodoMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:44:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Finale Ratings: Ewing Cliffhanger Closes to Below-Average Total ViewersMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:33:00 PM
- Daytime Talk Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Tops Premiere Week; 'The Meredith VieiraMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 4:14:00 PM
- Fox News Channel Rockets to Decisive Ratings Victory During US Airstrikes on ISISMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Simon Helberg's Directorial Debut Acquired by OrioMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 3:00:00 PM
- ZEFR Acquires Social Influencer Startup Engodo
No one -- not even Taylor Swift -- was off-limits at the Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, Tenn., on Nov. 1.
"Brad and I were backstage talking about what a strange year this has been," Underwood, 29, said during the opening monologue.
"Just look at sports," Paisley, 40, interjected. "I can't keep track of all these trades." After Underwood pointed out that quarterback Tim Tebow now plays for the New York Jets, the conversation shifted to Swift's love life.
"The greatest trade of the year had to be the Kennedy family. They somehow traded Arnold Schwarzenegger for Taylor Swift," Paisley deadpanned. "I mean, what they got for that ..." (Conor, 18, is the 65-year-old bodybuilder's nephew through marriage.)
Intentional or no, the cameras did not capture Swift's reaction. Instead, Underwood stopped Paisley mid-sentence and pretended to whisper new information about the 22-year-old's breakup in his ear. "What? Why don't I ever hear about these things?" Paisley asked. "I'm the last one to know."
Paisley continued to tease Swift by spoofing her No. 1 hit single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."
"Are they ever gonna get back together?" the host teased.
"Never, never, never," Underwood replied. "Never ever."
Later that evening, Swift received a standing ovation after performing "Begin Again," her latest single off her fourth album, "Red."
This isn't the first time Underwood and Paisley have mocked the young country star. During their opening monologue with Modern Family's Eric Stonestreet at the CMA Awards in 2011, the co-hosts poked fun at Kim Kardashian's ill-fated marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries -- and threw Swift's name in for good measure.
"I'm going to love you forever, or 72 days Amen, as long as Justin Bieber is not a conceiver, as long as Taylor Swift is with her current boyfriend," the trio sang. "I'm going to love you for 20 million dollars, for a hit TV series or pics in Us Weekly, for 72 Days, Amen."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley Mock Taylor Swift's Breakup With Conor Kennedy at Country Music Association Awards
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTElegant Elle
From Crowd Ignite