Carrie Underwood Gets Married This Weekend
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 5
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Mia Wallace/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Bridal bliss!Carrie Underwood will wed her Ottawa Senators hockey beau Mike Fisher in a luxe ceremony this weekend.
The two will walk down the aisle Saturday, July 10, in Georgia.After about a year of dating, Fisher, 30, popped the question last December with a 12-carat ring worth about $800,000. "We're both obviously excited and very happy," Fisher said shortly after.
Underwood, 27, hired a wedding planner, but also ironed out many of the details herself."I bought a lot of magazines and am cutting out pictures," she told UsMagazine.com in January. "I have a folder and I cut out pictures and glue them in. It's in kind of a binder thing." Her dream dress is "pretty traditional, maybe with flowers on it -- not like real flowers!" she joked to Us.
Though she was envisioning a small ceremony, "I don't see that happening," she admitted. "There are so many people. He has a huge family; they're all really close. My family is big, but we're not that tight-knit. His is about three times the size of mine." Fisher was tasked with coordinating the honeymoon.
"[Planning] that was Mike's project," she said at the CMA Fest last month. "It's a surprise. I have no clue where we are going, which is nice. I know it will be warm, that's about it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite