Carrie Underwood: Having a Baby 'Would Mess Things Up Right Now'
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/ACMA2012/Getty Images North America1 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Pike/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 13
- Photo: MIKE THEILER/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG11 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (PhMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:17:00 AM
- 'Working the Engels' Canceled by NBCMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:07:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 1:05 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:05:40 AM
- Obama: 'Entire World Is Appalled' by James Foley's MurderMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (Ph
Carrie Underwood may have just released her new album, "Blown Away," but that's all the creating she'll be doing for now.
Backstage at the "American Idol" results show Thursday night, Us Weekly asked if the Season 4 "American Idol" winner and her husband of 21 months Mike Fisher have any immediate plans for starting a family.
"We're good. I'm super busy and he is super busy. We are still newlyweds," Underwood, 29, explained to Us. "I honestly think that if we brought a kid into it would mess things up right now! We're good right now!"
But that's not to say the couple isn't already channeling their parental instincts -- according to the singer, they're obsessed with their dogs!
"He wants to know how 'my kids' are doing," she said. "'My kids' are the dogs. He will send me pictures of them on a daily basis and makes sure that I know they are OK."
Fisher's Nashville Predators are currently winning 2-1 in the Western Conference semifinals against the Phoenix Coyotes. As a result, the hockey player is growing out his "playoff" beard while he and his team hope to head to the Stanley Cup.
"I dig the stubble, but I actually haven't seen him in over a week," Underwood told Us about his un-groomed facial hair. "I mean he's hot, he's a hot guy! So of course i would love him to look like he normally looks but he is a hockey player…"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood: Having a Baby "Would Mess Things Up Right Now"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite