Carrie Underwood: Having a Baby 'Would Mess Things Up Right Now'
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/ACMA2012/Getty Images North America1 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Pike/Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Anthony/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 13
- Photo: MIKE THEILER/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG11 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Carrie Underwood may have just released her new album, "Blown Away," but that's all the creating she'll be doing for now.
Backstage at the "American Idol" results show Thursday night, Us Weekly asked if the Season 4 "American Idol" winner and her husband of 21 months Mike Fisher have any immediate plans for starting a family.
"We're good. I'm super busy and he is super busy. We are still newlyweds," Underwood, 29, explained to Us. "I honestly think that if we brought a kid into it would mess things up right now! We're good right now!"
But that's not to say the couple isn't already channeling their parental instincts -- according to the singer, they're obsessed with their dogs!
"He wants to know how 'my kids' are doing," she said. "'My kids' are the dogs. He will send me pictures of them on a daily basis and makes sure that I know they are OK."
Fisher's Nashville Predators are currently winning 2-1 in the Western Conference semifinals against the Phoenix Coyotes. As a result, the hockey player is growing out his "playoff" beard while he and his team hope to head to the Stanley Cup.
"I dig the stubble, but I actually haven't seen him in over a week," Underwood told Us about his un-groomed facial hair. "I mean he's hot, he's a hot guy! So of course i would love him to look like he normally looks but he is a hockey player…"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood: Having a Baby "Would Mess Things Up Right Now"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite