Carrie Underwood on Her Wedding: "It’s going to be medium-size, about 200 people."
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Sean Kilpatrick/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer and David Zalubowski/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- Eli Wallach and Paul Mazursky: Summer Trips with the Screen Greats (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:07:00 PM
- Rob McElhenny Joins The Mindy Project FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:05:00 PM
- 'CSI: Cyber' Casts 'Ally McBeal' Alum Peter MacNicolMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Ally McBeal Alum Peter MacNicol Joins the Cast of CSI: CyberMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC Family
By Brenda Rodriguez, reporting by Kelly E. Carter
Carrie Underwood is sticking to her Southern guns: There will be no big Hollywood wedding for this belle.
The People's Choice Award winner revealed Wednesday night that she and fiancé hockey pro Mike Fisher ideally want a small wedding, but there's one glitch: the groom-to-be's family. "He's got a huge family that they're all really close with," she said. "I have a big family but we're not that tight knit."
So to accommodate the entire clan, Underwood says they'll take it up a notch.
"I think it's going to be medium-size, about 200 people," she said.
Not so bad for country music's hottest star, who got engaged on Dec. 21. Still no word on whether Simon, Paula and Randy will be on her save-the-date list.
RELATED: Carrie flashes her engagement ring
Next up on her to-do list? Finding the perfect wedding dress.
"I got magazines and I started tearing out pictures," she said. "I got a folder and put all of my pictures in there. I feel like I'm on my way!"
RELATED: Learn more about Carrie
Traditional with flowers (but not real ones, she notes) is the gown vibe she's going for. Until then, she's having fun with some wedding-related arts and crafts projects.
"There are so many great designers ... I don't know. I'm cutting out pictures," says the country bride-to-be.
RELATED VIDEO: See Carrie at the CNN Heroes Event
Last night at the People's Choice Awards, Carrie wore designer Christian Cota. No word on whether Cota is planning a bridal line. Carrie looked great, but we don't expect her to turn up in a spider web-inspired gown on her wedding day! (But Evan Rachel Wood? Maybe.)
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite