Carrie Underwood on Marriage: 'Time Apart Is Important'
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/ACMA2012/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: CHITOSE SUZUKI/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: Fernando Leon/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF12 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF14 of 16
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/SELF15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
But before the Canadian hockey player pledged to spend his life with her forever, Underwood -- whose exes include Tony Romo, Travis Stork and Chace Crawford -- "had my share of loves gone wrong," she says. "But I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend. I'm finally happy in love, so there's a reason some things don't work out."
She explains: "At the time, it seems like the world is ending, but then something great comes out of it and you realize everyone ended up exactly where they belong."
And Underwood -- who recently released her fourth CD, "Blown Away" -- is exactly where she's meant to be with Fisher.
"We don't bring our work home with us very often," she tells Us. "Because we're so busy, we make our time together count, like by going on date nights. And while we love being together, we also realize time apart is important, so we try not to crowd each other. I love a good girls' night out just like he loves hanging out with his friends."
When they are together, "we're the most normal couple in the world," the country star says. "What I enjoy most is a quiet day at home with Mike and our doggies. We watch a lot of TV -- I've seen every episode of American Idol this season, and we love 'Modern Family' and 'The Walking Dead.'"
For the time being, Underwood, 29, and her husband, 31, are happy living in a two-person household. "We're not looking to have children any time too soon," she tells Us. "Both of our lives are so crazy. Something would drastically have to change in our schedules before we can entertain the idea. But for now, married life is wonderful."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Carrie Underwood on Marriage: "Time Apart Is Important"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite