Carrie Underwood's husband Mike Fisher: 'I stay out of her way' when she's working
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Christopher Pike/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social MediaMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:14:00 AM
- Ice Cube, Dr. Dre Find Their MC Ren, DJ Yella for N.W.A. BiopicMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Zoe Saldana Poses Nude for Women's Health MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:52:00 AM
- VH1 Renews 'Hit the Floor' for Season 3MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Politico Editor Rachel Smolkin Jumps to CNN as Executive Editor, PoliticsMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:23:00 AM
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social Media
Country queen and her king! Carrie Underwood and husband Mike Fisher hit the Time 100 Gala together in NYC on Tuesday, April 29, where the Nashville star was honored as one of the magazine's 2014 icons. The couple, who wed in 2010, updated Us Weekly on their marriage and more.
"We actually went away a few months ago to Turks and Caicos for the Olympic break for a week or 10 days," NHL player Fisher told Us of the couple's February vacation. "It was just awesome. It was nice to get away."
These days, six-time Grammy winner Underwood has been preoccupied preparing her next album. "She's actually real busy doing a lot of writing and stuff," Fisher said of his wife, 31. "I've been just kind of hanging out, just kind of being home and enjoying that." The Canadian hockey hunk added that he steers clear of the Southern belle when she's in work mode. Laughing, he told Us, "I stay out of her way. I go golfing or go fishing or something."
Chiming in, Oklahoma native Underwood told Us: "He stays away. That whole creative process is such a weird thing, and I've talked to other people in the music business and friends and what they do and we all kind of have our own 'isms." For the American Idol winner, her routine includes plenty of coffee. "I go in and I'm like caffeinated. I get jacked up on caffeine and then I come home and crash," she joked.
"I've been writing quite a bit, it's exciting!" Underwood told Us of her upcoming fifth studio album. "It definitely has a different sound. There are some thematic things that are quite different. I love strong women. So I want things that I can get on stage and just feel empowered."
Fellow country megastar Brad Paisley wrote about Underwood's influence in his Time essay. "So many young girls want to be just like her," Paisley wrote of his CMA Awards co-host. "In that sense, I see hope for the world. If I had a daughter, nothing would make me happier than to hear her say she wanted to grow up to be like Carrie Underwood."
When she's not gearing up for another whirlwind album release, Underwood said she and Fisher enjoy alone time with a "glass of wine!" The hockey player said they'll also indulge in a romantic night out for dinner. In a few months, Underwood plans to "hang out in Canada in summer with his family."
"I like lakes," country music's queen told Us. "I like to be able to go fishing or be on a boat with friends, grilling, you know, and [enjoying] a beer or something."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite