Cee Lo Green charged with giving woman ecstasy
- Photo: Ryan Fu/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cee Lo Green pleaded not guilty on Monday to giving a woman ecstasy at a Los Angeles restaurant during a 2012 dinner, and prosecutors declined to file a rape count against the singer because of insufficient evidence.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
Green, 38, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, appeared in court hours after prosecutors charged him with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. He could face four years in prison if convicted.
Green spoke only once during a brief arraignment hearing to acknowledge he understood the court's scheduling of his case.
RELATED: Craziest celeb arrests
He sat in a front row of the courtroom with his girlfriend while waiting for a bondsman to post his $30,000 bail. His case is due back in court on Nov. 20.
Green was pleased that the rape charge was rejected and will address the ecstasy count in court, his attorney Blair Berk wrote in a statement.
RELATED: Young celeb grandparents
She said any sexual contact between her client and the woman was consensual.
"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims and he was confident once conducted he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent," Berk wrote. She declined further comment.
Green is the Grammy-winning singer of the hit "Forget You" and performed as part of the duo Gnarls Barkley. He appears as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" competition show. The network declined comment on the charge.
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite