Cee Lo Green charged with giving woman ecstasy
- Photo: Ryan Fu/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:37:00 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:10 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:10:19 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cee Lo Green pleaded not guilty on Monday to giving a woman ecstasy at a Los Angeles restaurant during a 2012 dinner, and prosecutors declined to file a rape count against the singer because of insufficient evidence.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
Green, 38, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, appeared in court hours after prosecutors charged him with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. He could face four years in prison if convicted.
Green spoke only once during a brief arraignment hearing to acknowledge he understood the court's scheduling of his case.
RELATED: Craziest celeb arrests
He sat in a front row of the courtroom with his girlfriend while waiting for a bondsman to post his $30,000 bail. His case is due back in court on Nov. 20.
Green was pleased that the rape charge was rejected and will address the ecstasy count in court, his attorney Blair Berk wrote in a statement.
RELATED: Young celeb grandparents
She said any sexual contact between her client and the woman was consensual.
"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims and he was confident once conducted he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent," Berk wrote. She declined further comment.
Green is the Grammy-winning singer of the hit "Forget You" and performed as part of the duo Gnarls Barkley. He appears as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" competition show. The network declined comment on the charge.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite