Cee Lo Green charged with giving woman ecstasy
- Photo: Ryan Fu/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 10:08:00 AM
- Ratings: Scandal Hits Finale High; Community, Parenthood Up MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 9:34:00 AM
- I Don't Know What Bryan Singer Did, and Neither Do YouMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Scandal' Season Finale Up as ABC Wins NightMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:55:00 AM
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's New Memoir Title and Cover UnveiledMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cee Lo Green pleaded not guilty on Monday to giving a woman ecstasy at a Los Angeles restaurant during a 2012 dinner, and prosecutors declined to file a rape count against the singer because of insufficient evidence.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
Green, 38, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, appeared in court hours after prosecutors charged him with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. He could face four years in prison if convicted.
Green spoke only once during a brief arraignment hearing to acknowledge he understood the court's scheduling of his case.
RELATED: Craziest celeb arrests
He sat in a front row of the courtroom with his girlfriend while waiting for a bondsman to post his $30,000 bail. His case is due back in court on Nov. 20.
Green was pleased that the rape charge was rejected and will address the ecstasy count in court, his attorney Blair Berk wrote in a statement.
RELATED: Young celeb grandparents
She said any sexual contact between her client and the woman was consensual.
"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims and he was confident once conducted he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent," Berk wrote. She declined further comment.
Green is the Grammy-winning singer of the hit "Forget You" and performed as part of the duo Gnarls Barkley. He appears as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" competition show. The network declined comment on the charge.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite