Cee Lo Green charged with giving woman ecstasy
- Photo: Ryan Fu/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Cee Lo Green pleaded not guilty on Monday to giving a woman ecstasy at a Los Angeles restaurant during a 2012 dinner, and prosecutors declined to file a rape count against the singer because of insufficient evidence.
RELATED: Embarrassing celebrity arrests
Green, 38, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, appeared in court hours after prosecutors charged him with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. He could face four years in prison if convicted.
Green spoke only once during a brief arraignment hearing to acknowledge he understood the court's scheduling of his case.
RELATED: Craziest celeb arrests
He sat in a front row of the courtroom with his girlfriend while waiting for a bondsman to post his $30,000 bail. His case is due back in court on Nov. 20.
Green was pleased that the rape charge was rejected and will address the ecstasy count in court, his attorney Blair Berk wrote in a statement.
RELATED: Young celeb grandparents
She said any sexual contact between her client and the woman was consensual.
"Mr. Green encouraged a full and complete investigation of those claims and he was confident once conducted he would be cleared of having any wrongful intent," Berk wrote. She declined further comment.
Green is the Grammy-winning singer of the hit "Forget You" and performed as part of the duo Gnarls Barkley. He appears as a judge on NBC's "The Voice" competition show. The network declined comment on the charge.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBlond Babes
From Crowd Ignite