Celine Dion recovering from inflamed vocal cords
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 11
- Photo: WENN2 of 11
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News3 of 11
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: JE1/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: AG3/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Lynne Sladky/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Singer Celine Dion says she is recovering from a virus that caused an inflammation of her vocal cords and that she is planning to return to the stage in Las Vegas soon.
Dion said in a statement Monday that she received good news last week during a follow-up examination with her doctor in Los Angeles.
She says she should be fully recovered by mid-April. That's when she hopes to start recording songs for her new English and French albums.
RELATED: Funniest Celeb Singing Faces
Dion announced last month that she was canceling her shows at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace until June 9 because of her illness.
The singer of such romantic odes as "My Heart Will Go On" and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" returned to Caesars Palace a year ago for a three-year engagement.
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite