Chad Kroeger: My Parents Didn't Meet Avril Lavigne Pre-Engagement
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.3 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 8
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
The two appear on the Sept. 10 cover of Hello! Canada, and Nickelback frontman Kroeger, 37, admits inside that his parents had never met the "Complicated" crooner prior to his proposal. (Kroeger popped the question with a 14-carat diamond ring from XIV Karats Beverly Hills.)
"You never know what your parents are going to say when you tell them you're getting married -- especially when it's with someone they haven't met yet!" Kroeger says. "My mom is a huge fan of Avril's, so putting her on the speaker phone and telling her the news was hilarious and equally embarrassing."
According to Lavigne, 27, "Everyone is super-stoked for us. The reaction from our friends and family has been awesome!"
Kroeger, who hails from Hanna, Alberta, has yet to visit Lavigne's hometown of Napanee, Ontario. "I find that almost as terrifying as telling your parents you're going to tie the knot," he admits. "You just never know when someone is going to come out of the woodwork with a story that starts off with, 'Let me tell you about the time ...' But I know she is dying to take me to La Pizzeria to try her favorite pizza in the world!"
Lavigne, who was married to Sum 41 singer and guitarist Deryck Whibley, 32, from 2006 to 2010, has already started planning her wedding to Kroeger. "I know exactly what I want," she tells Hello! Canada. "I have the whole thing planned out in my head. It will be a huge celebration!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite