Chad Kroeger: My Parents Didn't Meet Avril Lavigne Pre-Engagement
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.3 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 8
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
The two appear on the Sept. 10 cover of Hello! Canada, and Nickelback frontman Kroeger, 37, admits inside that his parents had never met the "Complicated" crooner prior to his proposal. (Kroeger popped the question with a 14-carat diamond ring from XIV Karats Beverly Hills.)
"You never know what your parents are going to say when you tell them you're getting married -- especially when it's with someone they haven't met yet!" Kroeger says. "My mom is a huge fan of Avril's, so putting her on the speaker phone and telling her the news was hilarious and equally embarrassing."
According to Lavigne, 27, "Everyone is super-stoked for us. The reaction from our friends and family has been awesome!"
Kroeger, who hails from Hanna, Alberta, has yet to visit Lavigne's hometown of Napanee, Ontario. "I find that almost as terrifying as telling your parents you're going to tie the knot," he admits. "You just never know when someone is going to come out of the woodwork with a story that starts off with, 'Let me tell you about the time ...' But I know she is dying to take me to La Pizzeria to try her favorite pizza in the world!"
Lavigne, who was married to Sum 41 singer and guitarist Deryck Whibley, 32, from 2006 to 2010, has already started planning her wedding to Kroeger. "I know exactly what I want," she tells Hello! Canada. "I have the whole thing planned out in my head. It will be a huge celebration!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite