Chad Kroeger: My Parents Didn't Meet Avril Lavigne Pre-Engagement
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.3 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 8
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
The two appear on the Sept. 10 cover of Hello! Canada, and Nickelback frontman Kroeger, 37, admits inside that his parents had never met the "Complicated" crooner prior to his proposal. (Kroeger popped the question with a 14-carat diamond ring from XIV Karats Beverly Hills.)
"You never know what your parents are going to say when you tell them you're getting married -- especially when it's with someone they haven't met yet!" Kroeger says. "My mom is a huge fan of Avril's, so putting her on the speaker phone and telling her the news was hilarious and equally embarrassing."
According to Lavigne, 27, "Everyone is super-stoked for us. The reaction from our friends and family has been awesome!"
Kroeger, who hails from Hanna, Alberta, has yet to visit Lavigne's hometown of Napanee, Ontario. "I find that almost as terrifying as telling your parents you're going to tie the knot," he admits. "You just never know when someone is going to come out of the woodwork with a story that starts off with, 'Let me tell you about the time ...' But I know she is dying to take me to La Pizzeria to try her favorite pizza in the world!"
Lavigne, who was married to Sum 41 singer and guitarist Deryck Whibley, 32, from 2006 to 2010, has already started planning her wedding to Kroeger. "I know exactly what I want," she tells Hello! Canada. "I have the whole thing planned out in my head. It will be a huge celebration!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite