Chad Kroeger: My Parents Didn't Meet Avril Lavigne Pre-Engagement
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 8
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Hello! Canada/.3 of 8
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 8
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
The two appear on the Sept. 10 cover of Hello! Canada, and Nickelback frontman Kroeger, 37, admits inside that his parents had never met the "Complicated" crooner prior to his proposal. (Kroeger popped the question with a 14-carat diamond ring from XIV Karats Beverly Hills.)
"You never know what your parents are going to say when you tell them you're getting married -- especially when it's with someone they haven't met yet!" Kroeger says. "My mom is a huge fan of Avril's, so putting her on the speaker phone and telling her the news was hilarious and equally embarrassing."
According to Lavigne, 27, "Everyone is super-stoked for us. The reaction from our friends and family has been awesome!"
Kroeger, who hails from Hanna, Alberta, has yet to visit Lavigne's hometown of Napanee, Ontario. "I find that almost as terrifying as telling your parents you're going to tie the knot," he admits. "You just never know when someone is going to come out of the woodwork with a story that starts off with, 'Let me tell you about the time ...' But I know she is dying to take me to La Pizzeria to try her favorite pizza in the world!"
Lavigne, who was married to Sum 41 singer and guitarist Deryck Whibley, 32, from 2006 to 2010, has already started planning her wedding to Kroeger. "I know exactly what I want," she tells Hello! Canada. "I have the whole thing planned out in my head. It will be a huge celebration!"
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite