Charge against Chris Brown in DC fight reduced to misdemeanor; singer will be released
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Grammy Award-winning R&B singer Chris Brown was freed from custody Monday after facing a judge on a charge that he punched a man who tried to pose in a photograph with him.
RELATED: Rebellioius stars
Prosecutors reduced a felony assault charge to a misdemeanor as a District of Columbia judge released Brown, who exited the courthouse to cheers and flashed a peace sign to supporters after more than a day and a half in custody.
Even with the reduced charge, the assault case represents the latest legal trouble for the singer, who remains on probation for assaulting his on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna just before the 2009 Grammy Awards.
Brown and his bodyguard, Chris Hollosy, were arrested early Sunday outside the W Hotel in Washington after police responded to reports of a fight. A 20-year-old man told police that he had tried to take a picture with Brown and two women when Brown told him, "I ain't down with that gay s----" and "I feel like boxing," according to charging documents in the case. The man, identified by police as Parker Isaac Adams of Beltsville, Md., said he was punched by both Brown and Hollosy.
RELATED: Bad news couples
Brown's lawyer, Danny Onorato, said outside court Monday that his client committed no crime.
"We understand that his security acted to protect Mr. Brown and Mr. Brown's property as he was authorized to do under District of Columbia law. We are confident that Mr. Brown will be exonerated of any wrongdoing," he said.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite