Charge against Chris Brown in DC fight reduced to misdemeanor; singer will be released
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Bloody Brawl Breaks Out at Bravo Premiere for Pageant Series 'Game of Crowns'MSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:27:00 AM
- Read Dana Walden, Gary Newman's Internal Fox Memo: 'We Couldn't Be More EMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:17:00 AM
- Dana Walden, Gary Newman to Head Fox Network, 20th Century Fox TV Under New UmbrellaMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 8:02:00 AM
- 'Opie and Anthony' Host Gregg Hughes Defends Cumia: I Do Not Believe Anthony ShoulMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 7:47:00 AM
- World Cup Final Shatters Facebook, Twitter RecordsMSNEntertainment 7/14/2014 7:10:00 AM
- Bloody Brawl Breaks Out at Bravo Premiere for Pageant Series 'Game of Crowns'
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Grammy Award-winning R&B singer Chris Brown was freed from custody Monday after facing a judge on a charge that he punched a man who tried to pose in a photograph with him.
RELATED: Rebellioius stars
Prosecutors reduced a felony assault charge to a misdemeanor as a District of Columbia judge released Brown, who exited the courthouse to cheers and flashed a peace sign to supporters after more than a day and a half in custody.
Even with the reduced charge, the assault case represents the latest legal trouble for the singer, who remains on probation for assaulting his on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna just before the 2009 Grammy Awards.
Brown and his bodyguard, Chris Hollosy, were arrested early Sunday outside the W Hotel in Washington after police responded to reports of a fight. A 20-year-old man told police that he had tried to take a picture with Brown and two women when Brown told him, "I ain't down with that gay s----" and "I feel like boxing," according to charging documents in the case. The man, identified by police as Parker Isaac Adams of Beltsville, Md., said he was punched by both Brown and Hollosy.
RELATED: Bad news couples
Brown's lawyer, Danny Onorato, said outside court Monday that his client committed no crime.
"We understand that his security acted to protect Mr. Brown and Mr. Brown's property as he was authorized to do under District of Columbia law. We are confident that Mr. Brown will be exonerated of any wrongdoing," he said.
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Get the scoop about the troubled star on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen posts pics of her bikini body and beach vacation with hubby Tom Brady and daughter Vivian on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Rumors
From Crowd Ignite