- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: JD3/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: rCrisko / StarlitePics/Retna Digital4 of 12
- Photo: Beiny/Slater//WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Imagen Awards Nominate 'Chicago Fire,' 'Scandal,' 'GreyMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:20:12 PM
- Shailene Woodley Is the Perfect Girl Next Door in 'The Spectacular Now' Trailer (VMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:09:06 PM
- Emmys: In Praise of Tacky Reality Shows That Won't Get Anywhere Near the StageMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:08:41 PM
- Emmys: A Top Reality Producer Pleads - 'Stop Voting for the Same Shows Every Year'MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:07:15 PM
- CBS Ups Glenn Geller to EVP, Current Programming; David Brownfield to Develop ShowsMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:04:21 PM
- Imagen Awards Nominate 'Chicago Fire,' 'Scandal,' 'Grey
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Prosecutors on Thursday declined to pursue a criminal trespassing charge against a Wisconsin man arrested earlier this month for climbing a fence at a Nashville home linked to country star Taylor Swift.
RELATED: Vote on Taylor Swift's ensemble
Jacob Kulke, of Marshfield, Wis., will remain in jail in Nashville as he fights extradition to Colorado for probation violation. Kulke did not appear in court during his Thursday hearing. The 24-year-old Kulke was arrested Dec. 14 after climbing a fence and a gate at a home in Belle Meade that has been publicly linked to Swift.
The affidavit said Kulke claimed he was in contact with a person at the home through social media. He said he was dating her and it was her birthday and he wanted to surprise her. Swift was overseas at the time. Her spokeswoman has previously declined to comment on the case.
Sean McKinney, Kulke's attorney, said Thursday that prosecutors discussed the decision not to prosecute with representatives for Swift. He said that Kulke is not guilty of the trespassing charge and said that his client was tricked by someone into believing that he was communicating with the star. Kulke told police he rode a bus to Nashville from Wisconsin, and then took a taxi to the home.
"It is the defense's position that he was misled by someone else," McKinney said. "Mr. Kulke had reasonable belief that he was invited on to the premises."
McKinney said that prosecutors could still bring the charge back within the statutes of limitations, but no restrictions were placed on him by the prosecutors or Swift.
"He is still a big fan of Taylor Swift," McKinney said.
Assistant District Attorney Tali Rosenblum said that Kulke has already spent 13 days in jail and the trespassing charge is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum 30-day sentence. She said they wanted to resolve the charge in Tennessee so that authorities could extradite him to Colorado.
"Mr. Kulke is looking for his 15 minutes of fame, and he got all he deserved," Rosenblum said.
RELATED: Taylor Swift vs. country queens
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite