Cher's Daughter Undergoing Gender Reassignment Process
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Duncan Raban/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E NetworkMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:33:14 AM
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett, Roma Downey Miniseries 'Dovekeepers'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:26:31 AM
- 'Suits' Returning to USA Network Thursdays as Lead-in for Denis Leary Comedy &MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:15:54 AM
- 'Home Alone' Star Macaulay Culkin Sings About Pizza Now (Audio)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:02:59 AM
- Sarah Palin Hosting Sportsman Channel Show 'Amazing America'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 9:47:30 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E Network
Entertainment Tonight.ET has confirmed Sonny Bono and Cher's daughter, Chastity Bono, is in the process of transitioning from a female to a male.
Chastity is in the early stages of the gender reassignment and started the process earlier this year following his 40th birthday.
Bono's publicist told ET, "Yes, it's true -- Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity."
"He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz's hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his 'coming out' did nearly 20 years ago," the rep went on to say.
The rep also asked for the media to respect Chaz's privacy, and noted that he will not be doing interviews at this time. Keep checking ETonline for more on this story.
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite