Cher upsets church group with alleged slur
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: PF1/.2 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Ed Bailey/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Cher has upset Mormons by using a derogatory term in a Twitter attack on presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.
The pop superstar, who is a fervent Democrat, sent out a tweet on Friday, urging President Obama and his aides to get organized or risk losing November's election to Republican Romney, who is a Mormon.
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
Cher wrote, "I Feel if he (Obama) doesn't get all his DUCKS IN A ROW we'll b forced 2 listen 2Uncaring Richy Rich! The whitest man in MAGIC UNDERWEAR in the WH (White House)."
Her remarks have upset prominent members of the Mormon church, who wear formal garments known as "celestial underwear." The term "magic underwear" is considered offensive.
RELATED: Outrageous Celebrity Demands
Mormons took to Twitter in droves to take aim at Cher, with one calling her an "anti-Mormon bigot", and another stating, "I guess she is another example of a celebrity who surrounds themselves with people who always tell them what they want to hear so that they don't have
to think before they speak or tweet in this case."
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite