Cheryl Cole: We Should All Forgive Chris Brown for Rihanna Assault
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 20
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage5 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Bob Chamberlin, Pool/Invision/AP10 of 20
- Photo: L. Busacca for Jive Records/WireImage11 of 20
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire for The Recording Academy/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Chris Brown has a new ally in British pop star Cheryl Cole.
During a recent radio interview on "In:Demand With Alex James," "Call My Name" singer Cole, 28, said she believes Brown has made positive changes in his life since assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna in February 2009.
"I think it's really kind of Rihanna [to forgive Brown]," Cole explained. "She's come out and publicly forgiven him, really." (Sources told Us Weekly in January that the exes had been hooking up on-and-off for the past year. They also released two new songs together in February.)
"I think it's about time we all [forgave Brown], if I'm completely honest, if you want my opinion," Cole continued. "I think it's time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell."
Brown, 23, thanked Cole for her kind words via Twitter on Saturday. "You're amazing! I appreciate you," he wrote. "Thanks for the support and believing in me as an artist."
Not everyone is in Brown's corner, however. After the "Turn Up the Music" singer went home with a Grammy Award for Best R&B Album in February and performed twice that evening, Miranda Lambert, 28, vented about his comeback on Twitter.
"Chris Brown twice? I don't get it. He beat on a girl. Not cool that we act like that didn't happen," she wrote. "He needs to listen to 'Gunpowder and Lead' and be put back in his place. Not at the Grammys."
A few days later, Brown responded via Twitter, writing, "Using my name to get publicity? I love it! Perform your heart out! Go buy Miranda Lambert's album! So motivational and 'perfect!'"
Rihanna, for her part, doesn't feel the need to explain why she's friendly with Brown again. "I respect what other people have to say. The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently," she told ELLE in May.
"It's very hard for me to accept, but I get it," Rihanna, 24, added of the criticism. "People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that's all right. I don't hate them for it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Even boldfaced names like Pamela Anderson and John Krasinski get star-struck on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMagical Mermaid
From Crowd Ignite