Cheryl Cole: We Should All Forgive Chris Brown for Rihanna Assault
- Photo: JAAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 20
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News4 of 20
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage5 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Peter Kramer/KRAPE8 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Bob Chamberlin, Pool/Invision/AP10 of 20
- Photo: L. Busacca for Jive Records/WireImage11 of 20
- Photo: revolutionpix/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire for The Recording Academy/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP17 of 20
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Chris Brown has a new ally in British pop star Cheryl Cole.
During a recent radio interview on "In:Demand With Alex James," "Call My Name" singer Cole, 28, said she believes Brown has made positive changes in his life since assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna in February 2009.
"I think it's really kind of Rihanna [to forgive Brown]," Cole explained. "She's come out and publicly forgiven him, really." (Sources told Us Weekly in January that the exes had been hooking up on-and-off for the past year. They also released two new songs together in February.)
"I think it's about time we all [forgave Brown], if I'm completely honest, if you want my opinion," Cole continued. "I think it's time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell."
Brown, 23, thanked Cole for her kind words via Twitter on Saturday. "You're amazing! I appreciate you," he wrote. "Thanks for the support and believing in me as an artist."
Not everyone is in Brown's corner, however. After the "Turn Up the Music" singer went home with a Grammy Award for Best R&B Album in February and performed twice that evening, Miranda Lambert, 28, vented about his comeback on Twitter.
"Chris Brown twice? I don't get it. He beat on a girl. Not cool that we act like that didn't happen," she wrote. "He needs to listen to 'Gunpowder and Lead' and be put back in his place. Not at the Grammys."
A few days later, Brown responded via Twitter, writing, "Using my name to get publicity? I love it! Perform your heart out! Go buy Miranda Lambert's album! So motivational and 'perfect!'"
Rihanna, for her part, doesn't feel the need to explain why she's friendly with Brown again. "I respect what other people have to say. The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently," she told ELLE in May.
"It's very hard for me to accept, but I get it," Rihanna, 24, added of the criticism. "People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that's all right. I don't hate them for it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite