Chris Brown defends himself against hit-and-run charges
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet1 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters3 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images North America6 of 10
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
The embattled R&B star has been charged with hit-and-run relating to the minor car accident in Los Angeles last month, despite claims from Brown's representative and lawyer Mark Geragos that he did what he was required to do at the scene -- and even contacted the female motorist he ran into to make sure she had the correct details.
He has also been charged with driving without a valid license and faces up to six months behind bars for each offense.
But angry Brown insists he's completely innocent and in a series of tweets on Tuesday, he attempted to clear his name.
He wrote, "It's not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars).This is really ridiculous...I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info. She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene. She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures... My lawyers will be contacting you. I will not stand for this bullying and yellow journalism!"
Brown also changed his Twitter profile picture to a photo of him chatting to the other motorist at the scene of the accident, adding, "My profile pic is the pic I took of the persons car after 'the hit and run.' NO damage. Just a dirty car.once again, I gotta clear my name."
He then attached a photo of the rear of the Mercedes he ran into in a bid to prove the car was not damaged.
Soon after, the singer also tweeted, "I work my a-- off to provide for my entire family. I've made mistakes in the past and have worked hard to be a better person. 19-24 years of age. I don't have all the answers and you can't show me a person that age who has it figured out. We live and grow. Let me live."
RELATED: Pop stars behaving badly
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite