Chris Brown defends himself against hit-and-run charges
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet1 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 10
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters3 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images North America6 of 10
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
The embattled R&B star has been charged with hit-and-run relating to the minor car accident in Los Angeles last month, despite claims from Brown's representative and lawyer Mark Geragos that he did what he was required to do at the scene -- and even contacted the female motorist he ran into to make sure she had the correct details.
He has also been charged with driving without a valid license and faces up to six months behind bars for each offense.
But angry Brown insists he's completely innocent and in a series of tweets on Tuesday, he attempted to clear his name.
He wrote, "It's not a hit and run if u get out the car, exchange information (who has NO DAMAGE to either cars).This is really ridiculous...I have a valid drivers license and I gave the woman the right info. She saw cameras and wanted to make a scene. She contacted the cops thinking of a payday from Chris Brown when I followed the proper procedures... My lawyers will be contacting you. I will not stand for this bullying and yellow journalism!"
Brown also changed his Twitter profile picture to a photo of him chatting to the other motorist at the scene of the accident, adding, "My profile pic is the pic I took of the persons car after 'the hit and run.' NO damage. Just a dirty car.once again, I gotta clear my name."
He then attached a photo of the rear of the Mercedes he ran into in a bid to prove the car was not damaged.
Soon after, the singer also tweeted, "I work my a-- off to provide for my entire family. I've made mistakes in the past and have worked hard to be a better person. 19-24 years of age. I don't have all the answers and you can't show me a person that age who has it figured out. We live and grow. Let me live."
RELATED: Pop stars behaving badly
Get out the vote
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, and Naomi Campbell all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julia Roberts, Kelly Rowland, and Krysten Ritter all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Jordin Sparks, and Nicole Richie all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candice Swanepoel, Sarah Jessica Parker, and La La Anthony all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Blake Lively, Olivia Wilde, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite