- Photo: Shea Walsh/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Lori Shepler/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP3 of 7
- Photo: RAM/Fame Pictures4 of 7
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Chris Brown says he was blindsided by his own brutal assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna in February of this year. "I never ever had problems with anger," he tells Robin Roberts in a Friday interview for ABC News' "20/20."
"No domestic violence with any of my past girlfriends or any altercations," The 20-year-old singer says. "I was never that kind of person ... It's like, 'How could I be that person?'"
Promoting his upcoming album "Graffiti" (on the heels of Rihanna's own comeback CD "Rated R"), Brown concedes that, "I was wrong for what I did ... I would definitely say that it's not something that I look past or look over. Something that's really, really touchy." He adds: "I'm really sorry for -- for what went down."
This is not Brown's first apology for the attack, of course. When he took to YouTube in July to declare, "I am very sad and very ashamed of what I've done," many criticized it, including Rihanna, who later noted her ex looked like he was "reading off a teleprompter."
Brown tells Roberts that, indeed, he was heavily coached for "three or four days" by PR advisors for that online statement. "My head wasn't really giving me a chance to be me," Brown says. "It was genuinely from me, but it wasn't projected genuinely."
Of Brown's brief and controversial reunion with Rihanna weeks after the violent incident, he explains to Roberts that he wrote a song called "Changed Man" for his girlfriend. When she heard it, he says she broke into tears: "I played the song for her when I first wrote it. And she cried."
And hearing Rihanna's critical remarks today, Brown says, is "really difficult ... It hurts. It's just something that I have to be responsible for."
As part of his sentencing, Brown is required to stay 100 yards away from Rihanna unless they are attending music industry events. They don't communicate, he says. "I've said like everything that I can with me and her," he explains. "Me and her have talked. Me and her have spoken about the situation. And she knows how sorry I am."
More on MSN:
More on Wonderwall:
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite