- Photo: Shea Walsh/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Lori Shepler/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP3 of 7
- Photo: RAM/Fame Pictures4 of 7
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody Schlock
Chris Brown says he was blindsided by his own brutal assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna in February of this year. "I never ever had problems with anger," he tells Robin Roberts in a Friday interview for ABC News' "20/20."
"No domestic violence with any of my past girlfriends or any altercations," The 20-year-old singer says. "I was never that kind of person ... It's like, 'How could I be that person?'"
Promoting his upcoming album "Graffiti" (on the heels of Rihanna's own comeback CD "Rated R"), Brown concedes that, "I was wrong for what I did ... I would definitely say that it's not something that I look past or look over. Something that's really, really touchy." He adds: "I'm really sorry for -- for what went down."
This is not Brown's first apology for the attack, of course. When he took to YouTube in July to declare, "I am very sad and very ashamed of what I've done," many criticized it, including Rihanna, who later noted her ex looked like he was "reading off a teleprompter."
Brown tells Roberts that, indeed, he was heavily coached for "three or four days" by PR advisors for that online statement. "My head wasn't really giving me a chance to be me," Brown says. "It was genuinely from me, but it wasn't projected genuinely."
Of Brown's brief and controversial reunion with Rihanna weeks after the violent incident, he explains to Roberts that he wrote a song called "Changed Man" for his girlfriend. When she heard it, he says she broke into tears: "I played the song for her when I first wrote it. And she cried."
And hearing Rihanna's critical remarks today, Brown says, is "really difficult ... It hurts. It's just something that I have to be responsible for."
As part of his sentencing, Brown is required to stay 100 yards away from Rihanna unless they are attending music industry events. They don't communicate, he says. "I've said like everything that I can with me and her," he explains. "Me and her have talked. Me and her have spoken about the situation. And she knows how sorry I am."
More on MSN:
More on Wonderwall:
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite